Sometimes the best way to make complex data in your document understandable is to create a chart to display the data visually.
In this blog, we will show you just how easy this is in Microsoft Office!
- Select the place in the document where you want to insert the chart.
- Select Insert > Chart.
- Select the type of chart you want, and then select OK.
- In the spreadsheet, enter your data.
Check out Microsoft’s Instructional Video Below:
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you create the chart and enter your data –
- The default selection for adding a chart is a Column, but you have different options to choose from.
- As you fill in categories, the new names automatically appear in the chart as they’re typed in.
- For the series, add headings—this might be a name that describes what each group of data is.
- As you enter your data across cells, the chart updates to show the new values entered.
- Finish entering your data, and then select Close.
We hope this post in our series of Microsoft Office training has been useful!