Microsoft Office allows for an array of formatting to be applied to texts, shapes, and pictures within Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Did you know that you can use Format Painter to quickly copy and apply formatting to another set of texts or pictures? This saves you a lot of time and hassle in getting the settings lined up and set exactly the same. The Format Painter option allows you to “paint” with the formatting.
How to Copy and Apply formatting
- Select the text, shape, cells, or picture that has the format you want to copy.
- Select Format Painter.
- Single-click Format Painter to apply the formatting once.
- Double-click Format Painter to apply the formatting more than once.
- Select what you want to apply the formatting to.
- When you’re done, press Esc to turn off Format Painter.
Format Printer icon in Word:
Check out Microsoft’s helpful video for more details. As always, Garner IT is here for any questions you may have with Microsoft Office products.